Opportunity, encouragement and a new outlook on life.
For seriously at-risk young ladies, drug and alcohol treatment is a critical component of their rehabilitation and development at New Outlook Academy. Their journey on the road to recovery is significantly enhanced by a therapeutic milieu provided throughout the school, including:
- Educational opportunities
- Trauma-focused mental health services
- Career and technical training
- Extra-curricular activities and community service
At the onset of intensive inpatient treatment, each student receives a comprehensive assessment which results in a clinical Individualized Treatment Plan (ITP). In pursuit of the goals and objectives established, each student’s schedule includes:
- Seven, one-hour clinical drug and alcohol group therapy sessions per week
- Two, one-hour sessions of individual counseling weekly
- Multiple evidence-based group counseling sessions per week
Additionally, supportive one-on-one interaction provides the support and focus necessary to incorporate the skills and knowledge acquired in group therapy into their daily activities and responsibilities. Our drug and alcohol therapists reflect on all aspects of each young ladies performance and participation to redirect or reinforce behavior and effort, as needed.
New Outlook’s multi-dimensional approach is intentionally designed to meet the individual needs of each young women. We use a combination of proven treatment, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Chronic Disease Model
- Rational Emotional Therapy
- 12-Step Approach (includes weekly on-campus NA meeting opportunities)
HOLISTIC HEALING THROUGH ADOLESCENT-SPECIFIC CO-OCCURRING TREATMENT
Inpatient drug and alcohol students who demonstrate a medical necessity for mental health services will benefit from receiving co-occurring treatment with clinical teams who work in collaboration to ensure that progress toward treatment objectives for both needs are being met.
Adolescents are often unable to recognize the impact that addiction and substance abuse have had on their lives. At New Outlook Academy, we specialize in effectively reaching these young women through the use of an adolescent-specific treatment approach. Our drug and alcohol treatment focuses on multiple issues that may trigger substance use, such as trauma, anxiety, depression, frustration and boredom.